Wednesday 26 June 2013

Wednesday Words

I’m a bit new to the world of blogging and Twitter and I occasionally feel as though I’m missing out on the party! But today I kept seeing #WednesdayWords and though I should investigate. It was started by a mummy blogger @crazywithtwins to share quotes, poems, lyrics etc (although I apologise to Emma now if this is quite right)

I like to join in so I thought I’d give it a go.  I love quotes; they can say so succinctly what I’m thinking, make me what to get off my bum and do something or move me to tears. A good friend and I often share inspirational quotes (together with pictures of glasses of wine and chocolate) to give us a lift during those difficult days. So my first WednesdayWords is for her. She has a difficult day to face tomorrow and I wish I was closer to help and support her.

I love this quote, it reminds us that everything that’s happens, good and bad, is what makes us, us. We have both tested the old adage ‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’ especially over the last year. But through all the tough times she has stayed positive, with a strong resolve to build a great life and it has made her the understanding, thoughtful, kind, generous and lovely person that I’m lucky enough to call my friend

“Everything that happens to us leaves some trace behind; everything contributes imperceptibly to make us what we are” 

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday Words

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful and breathtakingly true quote. Great to see you joining in with #WednesdayWords - its every week so I hope to see you on here often xx

    ReplyDelete